As China enters a new phase of its economic development, its demand for higher-valued products like meat and dairy products is growing rapidly.
China’s meat imports surge, driven by rising domestic demand and prices
As China enters a new phase of its economic development, its demand for higher-valued products like meat and dairy products is growing rapidly. China’s imports of meats during 2013-14 were more than double the volume imported during the early 2000s.
Growing demand and higher prices of domestic meat products have driven the growth in China’s meat imports over the past few years. China’s meat imports have shifted from items like chicken feet and animal offal to muscle meat, as living standards rose and China opened its market to more beef and mutton imports.
The U.S. is currently the top supplier of China’s poultry and pork imports. U.S. exports of meat, dairy products, and other consumer-oriented products, such as fruits, nuts, and wine to China rose from $234 million in 2000 to $3 billion in 2013, comprising nearly 12 percent of the value of total U.S. agricultural exports to China that year. The growth in China’s meat imports could mean new opportunities for U.S.
WANT HELP IN EXPORTING TO CHINA?
Ask our IPE experts to understand how to provide adequate protection for your meat during long distance transport and exporting to China.
Hot Product ：TBG Bone in Bag is designed especially for bone- in products, either fresh or frozen, with high puncture resistance to avoid leakers during transportation and storage.
International Plastic Engineering Co., Ltd
Add: Changle Industrial Zone, Haimen City, Jiangsu Province 226124, China
Contact: Michelle Fan
Related Industry Knowledge
- The difference between the three shrink films
- Use of shrink film
- Explain the classification of shrink film
- Discussion on the characteristics of heat shrin...
- Reasons for the popularity of pof shrink film
- Pof shrink film production process
- Hot shrink film commonly used processing materials
- Describe the heat shrink film inspection standards
- Three major reasons for pof shrink film prices
- BOPP heat seal film performance and application...
- IPE Abuse Bag addresses meat and cheese process...
- Seafood industry is a casualty in US trade fights
- Chinese growing tuna exports to US
- Frigate 'tuna' trade
- Thailand likely to benefit
- When will tariffs come in?
- MEAT AND POULTRY PRODUCTS: MAP OR VSP?
- Wrap Beef With Oxygen Barrier Packaging
- meat color is a primary factor affecting consum...
- Why Red Meat Turn Brown When Vacuum Sealed