Announcing a new policy push on Tuesday, European Commission Vice President Jyrki Katainen said Brussels is mulling a tax on plastic packaging, more curbs on throw-away items like plastic bags and new rules at ports among other restrictions.
“We have all this raw material, and from the beginning of the year now even more, because China will not take our waste, but we don’t know what to do with it,” Katainen told reporters.
Oil-derived plastic mostly ends up in landfills or incinerated, with less than 30 percent of 25 million tonnes of plastic waste generated each year being recycled in Europe.
EU nations and European Parliament reached an agreement last month to set a legally-binding target for the bloc to recycle 55 percent of plastic packaging waste by 2030 and a ban on landfilling separately collected waste.
EU regulators now want to ensure that the plastic packaging itself is fully recyclable and to improve consumer labelling by creating new quality standards.
The Commission said it will introduce measures to curb ocean-polluting microplastics, such as those used in cosmetics. New port reception facilities will seek to streamline waste management to ensure less gets dumped in the Ocean.
“More and more it is becoming a health problem because it is degrading, going to little chips, fish are eating it and it is coming back to our dinner table,” Katainen said.
Before the ban, China was the world’s dominant importer of plastic waste. A senior EU officials said he now expected the waste to go to other countries in Southeast Asia, such as Vietnam and Malaysia.
IPE is committed to packaging sustainability and packaging recyclability.
We believe and promote the following “R”s within our company:
· REDUCE – through use of new and innovative materials, we are able to provide solutions using LESS packaging materials without compromising performance. E.g. we are able to offer 50% weight reduction in our boneguard shrink bags* compared to traditional solutions.
· REUSE – through clever engineering and restructuring, we are able to offer reusable solutions for MAP trays
· RECYCLE – our new MAP trays are also recyclable as it is made using mono blend materials without lamination layer.
Hot Product ：Boneguard Shrink Bags is designed especially for bone- in products, either fresh or frozen, with high puncture resistance to avoid leakers during transportation and storage.
Bone in meat shrink packaging bags
International Plastic Engineering Co., Ltd
Add: Changle Industrial Zone, Haimen City, Jiangsu Province 226124, China
Contact: Michelle Fan
Related Industry Knowledge
- The difference between the three shrink films
- Use of shrink film
- Explain the classification of shrink film
- Discussion on the characteristics of heat shrin...
- Reasons for the popularity of pof shrink film
- Pof shrink film production process
- Hot shrink film commonly used processing materials
- Describe the heat shrink film inspection standards
- Three major reasons for pof shrink film prices
- BOPP heat seal film performance and application...
- How Do the World’s Recyclers Solve a Problem Li...
- How Do the global Recyclers Solve a Problem in ...
- how much do you know about the barrier material...
- IPE is committed to packaging sustainability an...
- Meat & Poultry Freezing
- How to Wrap Meat to Prevent Freezer Burn
- How does our shrink barrier bags work in frozen...
- Chinese merchants fear Trump’s trade war is hur...
- Hope to Meet YOU on CIMIE 2018 in Beijing!
- PACKAGING OF RED MEAT