Buying meat in bulk is a good idea, especially when it is on sale, but you do not want to cook more meat than you need. Freezing it is simple and safe. Raw meat and poultry maintain their quality and taste for several months. Cooked meats that are frozen should be used sooner, because the moisture that was lost during cooking can cause them to dry out quicker and lose their quality. Freezer burn is the result of damage to the meat from dehydration and oxidation. This happens when air reaches the meat, and causes brown or grey spots on the food. Meat with freezer burn does not pose a health or safety issue, but it will alter the taste when thawed and cooked. Wrap meat to prevent freezer burn by using proper packaging.
Note: Never refreeze raw meat that was previously frozen, as this can pose a health hazard. If you've thawed more meat than you can eat at one time, cook all the meat and then freeze the remainder of it after it's cooked.
IPE offers a range of high barrier shrink bags to prolong shelf life WITHOUT needing to freeze the product, thus preserving the texture, taste as well as nutrients in the meats. Checkout our range of shrink bags below:
Hot Product ：Boneguard Shrink Bags is designed especially for bone- in products, either fresh or frozen, with high puncture resistance to avoid leakers during transportation and storage.
International Plastic Engineering Co., Ltd
Add: Changle Industrial Zone, Haimen City, Jiangsu Province 226124, China
Contact: Michelle Fan
Related Industry Knowledge
- The difference between the three shrink films
- Use of shrink film
- Explain the classification of shrink film
- Discussion on the characteristics of heat shrin...
- Reasons for the popularity of pof shrink film
- Pof shrink film production process
- Hot shrink film commonly used processing materials
- Describe the heat shrink film inspection standards
- Three major reasons for pof shrink film prices
- BOPP heat seal film performance and application...
- How does our shrink barrier bags work in frozen...
- Chinese merchants fear Trump’s trade war is hur...
- Hope to Meet YOU on CIMIE 2018 in Beijing!
- PACKAGING OF RED MEAT
- MAP PACKAGING BASICS
- VACUUM PACKAGING OF MEAT
- China's Meat Imports Surge
- IPE Abuse Bag addresses meat and cheese process...
- Seafood industry is a casualty in US trade fights
- Chinese growing tuna exports to US