In the meat packing industry, various techniques are used in packaging fresh meat products. These fresh meat products may include primal or wholesale cuts and retail cuts. The primals may be vacuum packaged or gas flushed in a barrier bag at the plant level and then sold to the stores. The stores may then further process these primals into various cuts, place these cuts on styrofoam trays which are then overwrapped with a non-barrier film, and merchandise these trays in a refrigerated display case for prospective consumers.
Some of the problems associated with fresh meat products packaged in conventionally overwrapped trays are limited shelf-life, rapid discoloration, excessive purge, and lack of innovative packaging. Depending upon the temperature of the display case, overwrapped tray product can be expected to have a shelf-life of approximately three days. The product is generally considered no longer saleable after three days primarily because of discolorant which is due to rapid oxidation, light catalysis, and bacterial spoilage. In addition, product in overwrapped trays tends to display significant amounts of purge which is generally absorbed by soaker pads; this condition adds to the growth of microorganisms. Further, most conventional overwrapped trays are neither innovative nor especially attractive in appearance.
Hot Product ：Boneguard Shrink Bags is designed especially for bone- in products, either fresh or frozen, with high puncture resistance to avoid leakers during transportation and storage.
International Plastic Engineering Co., Ltd
Add: Changle Industrial Zone, Haimen City, Jiangsu Province 226124, China
Contact: Michelle Fan
Related Industry Knowledge
- The difference between the three shrink films
- Use of shrink film
- Explain the classification of shrink film
- Discussion on the characteristics of heat shrin...
- Reasons for the popularity of pof shrink film
- Pof shrink film production process
- Hot shrink film commonly used processing materials
- Describe the heat shrink film inspection standards
- Three major reasons for pof shrink film prices
- BOPP heat seal film performance and application...
- VACUUM PACKAGING OF MEAT
- China's Meat Imports Surge
- IPE Abuse Bag addresses meat and cheese process...
- Seafood industry is a casualty in US trade fights
- Chinese growing tuna exports to US
- Frigate 'tuna' trade
- Thailand likely to benefit
- When will tariffs come in?
- MEAT AND POULTRY PRODUCTS: MAP OR VSP?
- Wrap Beef With Oxygen Barrier Packaging