Processed meat products in slices or as entire pieces are packed in small to medium-size vacuum bags. For larger sized products, bags made of shrinkable films can be used where, after vacuum-packaging, the product in its package of synthetic film is sprayed with or dipped into hot water (80°C). The contact with the hot water causes the shrinkage of the thermoplastic film and results in tight impermeable wrapping of the goods. Shrink films may for example be composed as follows: PET/PA/EVOH/PE.
Vacuum packaging for fresh chilled boneless beef cuts is mainly done to promote meat ripening. The beef meat cuts can remain for a number of weeks (maximum 3 months) in the vacuum bag, provided oxygen remains excluded and the storage temperature is kept at -1°C (which is just above the freezing point of meat). During these storage conditions lactic acid bacteria (which do not cause spoilage!) will inhibit the growth of most other bacteria, which results in the prolonged microbial stability. Beef becomes very tender during such extended ripening periods without losing much of its typical flavour.
Hot Product ： Boneguard Shrink Bags is designed especially for bone- in products, either fresh or frozen, with high puncture resistance to avoid leakers during transportation and storage.
International Plastic Engineering Co., Ltd
Add: Changle Industrial Zone, Haimen City, Jiangsu Province 226124, China
Contact: Michelle Fan
Related Industry Knowledge
- The difference between the three shrink films
- Use of shrink film
- Explain the classification of shrink film
- Discussion on the characteristics of heat shrin...
- Reasons for the popularity of pof shrink film
- Pof shrink film production process
- Hot shrink film commonly used processing materials
- Describe the heat shrink film inspection standards
- Three major reasons for pof shrink film prices
- BOPP heat seal film performance and application...
- Purpose of packaging
- Plastic Casings For Processed Meat, Sausage, Ham
- Which Kind of Meat Would You Prefer?
- how to keep our Austlon heat shrink bags
- How to keep our Iplon PA PE Plastic casings
- PLASTIC CASING STUFFING----IPLON-CS
- PLASTIC NYLON CASING STUFFING- IPLON-M
- Global Barrier Shrink Films Market: Snapshot
- how to choose packaging for your cheese