Correct packaging of red meat is crucial to the overall quality and shelf life of the product, which in turn affects the return to the customer/importer. The polythene covering (sheet or bag) must be of a size to adequately secure the meat content for exposure to outer contamination or freezer damage.
The methods of packaging and symbols are outlined.
Individually Wrapped – Vacuum Packed (IW/VAC)
Layer Packed – Vacuum Packed(LP/VAC)
Multi Wrapped – Vacuum Packed (MW/VAC)
Tray Packed – Vacuum Packed (TP/VAC)
Related Industry Knowledge
- The difference between the three shrink films
- Use of shrink film
- Explain the classification of shrink film
- Discussion on the characteristics of heat shrin...
- Reasons for the popularity of pof shrink film
- Pof shrink film production process
- Hot shrink film commonly used processing materials
- Describe the heat shrink film inspection standards
- Three major reasons for pof shrink film prices
- BOPP heat seal film performance and application...
- MAP PACKAGING BASICS
- VACUUM PACKAGING OF MEAT
- China's Meat Imports Surge
- IPE Abuse Bag addresses meat and cheese process...
- Seafood industry is a casualty in US trade fights
- Chinese growing tuna exports to US
- Frigate 'tuna' trade
- Thailand likely to benefit
- When will tariffs come in?
- MEAT AND POULTRY PRODUCTS: MAP OR VSP?