IPE is supporting case-ready, bone-in meat and poultry with its BD series of patchless, high-barrier shrink bags that contain multiple layers of nylon-based film for added protection.
“Processors want bags that are strong but also have more eye appeal so they are putting greater value on clarity and products with attractive print.
Demand for sturdy bone-in packaging also is coming from foodservice operators, hotels, and consumers who want to reheat pre-cooked items without removing the food from its original bags. Such dishes can be prepared faster, often marinate better and are more tender when reheated.
Cook-in bags that users can boil or roast bone-in meat and poultry in also are becoming more popular as processors and merchants take steps to minimize the handling of meat to reduce the threat of contamination.
The bags contain high-oxygen and moisture barriers that are designed to maximize shelf life, and have high-shrink multilayer coextrusions laminated together for greater strength.
It is essential that case-ready, bone-in products have tight shrink to be visually appealing and help minimize the threat of juices seeping out of the beef.
“Case-ready bags also need to be puncture resistant, that is especially important for products that are shipped to merchant sites that don’t have in-store butchers on staff, as those retailers are not prepared to repackage leakers.”
Hot Product ：Boneguard Shrink Bags is designed especially for bone- in products, either fresh or frozen, with high puncture resistance to avoid leakers during transportation and storage.
International Plastic Engineering Co., Ltd
Add: Changle Industrial Zone, Haimen City, Jiangsu Province 226124, China
Contact: Michelle Fan
Related Industry Knowledge
- The difference between the three shrink films
- Use of shrink film
- Explain the classification of shrink film
- Discussion on the characteristics of heat shrin...
- Reasons for the popularity of pof shrink film
- Pof shrink film production process
- Hot shrink film commonly used processing materials
- Describe the heat shrink film inspection standards
- Three major reasons for pof shrink film prices
- BOPP heat seal film performance and application...
- don't patch it up for racks/ loins/ joints
- WHAT IS A GOOD MAP LIDDING FILM?
- Type of Bone-in meat/leg ham Packaging
- Chinese processors are loving MAP lidding film!
- Are you tired of unsightly dog ears and edges d...
- PACKAGING OF FRESH AND PROCESSED MEAT
- Purpose of packaging
- Plastic Casings For Processed Meat, Sausage, Ham
- Which Kind of Meat Would You Prefer?
- how to keep our Austlon heat shrink bags