On July 10, the US Trade Representative published a 205-page list of proposed tariffs, including nearly all categories of seafood produced or processed in China as well as many textiles, fruit, minerals, mechanical and industrial goods.
The US government is unlikely to alter its course on applying these tariffs before early October, a top lobbyist at the National Fisheries Institute told worried executives on an emergency conference call on July 12.
However, one American industry source told Undercurrent that, if the decision was not going to be discussed by the US Congress, it could be implemented earlier. "The schedule might well be put forward," he said. Then, the Congress might try to act to stop the decision, the latter source said.
From 10% to 25%?
This week, Robert Lighthizer, the USTR, confirmed Trump has asked him to look at raising tariffs from 10% to 25%.
“The increase in the possible rate of the additional duty is intended to provide the Administration with additional options to encourage China to change its harmful policies and behavior and adopt policies that will lead to fairer markets and prosperity for all of our citizens," said Lighthizer, in a statement.
“The United States has joined forces with like-minded partners around the world to address unfair trade practices such as forced technology transfer and intellectual property theft," he said.
In midst of increased tariffs, IPE can help you save on your packaging cost by offering quality shrink packaging at competitive prices. We ulitize European technology and combine with Chinese manufacturing to help you achieve cost targets. In addition, our packaging experts can help you identify areas where we can downgauge and offer sustainable packaging solutions to help reach your goals.
IPE is the leading supplier Which has been supplying tuna loin shrink bags for over 15 years, and is one of the largest suppliers of tuna shrink bags worldwide. We are the largest supplier in Ecuador, and we are servicing many tuna loin factories in Asia Pacific including PNG, Thailand, Indonesia, Fiji etc, and is Trimarine approved.
Hot Product ：TUAN Shrink Bags is designed especially for processed tuna lion products, as well Frozen. with high puncture resistance to avoid leakers during transportation and storage.
International Plastic Engineering Co., Ltd
Add: Changle Industrial Zone, Haimen City, Jiangsu Province 226124, China
Contact: Michelle Fan
Related Industry Knowledge
- The difference between the three shrink films
- Use of shrink film
- Explain the classification of shrink film
- Discussion on the characteristics of heat shrin...
- Reasons for the popularity of pof shrink film
- Pof shrink film production process
- Hot shrink film commonly used processing materials
- Describe the heat shrink film inspection standards
- Three major reasons for pof shrink film prices
- BOPP heat seal film performance and application...
- MEAT AND POULTRY PRODUCTS: MAP OR VSP?
- Wrap Beef With Oxygen Barrier Packaging
- meat color is a primary factor affecting consum...
- Why Red Meat Turn Brown When Vacuum Sealed
- The Color of Meat and Poultry
- Bone-in packaging: Be Tough!
- Retail Bone Cuts – which is the right packaging?
- don't patch it up for racks/ loins/ joints
- WHAT IS A GOOD MAP LIDDING FILM?
- Type of Bone-in meat/leg ham Packaging