The shrinkable label has strong adaptability, and can be decorated on plastic, wood, paper, metal, glass, ceramics and other packaging containers, and is widely used in beer beverages, medicine and health care, daily chemical products, snack foods, stationery and other fields. In order to achieve the best overall labeling effect, not only the heat shrinking temperature of the labeling machine has to be adjusted, but also the selection of the label material and the design pattern is very important. This article explains how to properly select and use shrink film sleeves as follows.
The design of the decorative pattern on the film sleeve is determined according to the thickness of the film. When designing a pattern, first of all, it is necessary to ascertain the transverse and longitudinal shrinkage of the film, and the shrinkage and the deformation tolerance of the shrinkage of the decorative pattern after the packaging is promised, so as to ensure that the contracted pattern and the characters can be accurately restored.
Film thickness and shrinkage
There are three factors that must be considered when considering shrink-film sleeve labels: Environmental requirements, film thickness, and shrinkage properties.
The basis for determining the film thickness is the application field and cost factor of the label. Of course, price is not a decisive factor, because each film has its own uniqueness. Users and trademark printers must specify the film used and the most suitable materials before signing the contract. In addition, the indicators required by the processing equipment and other process factors also directly affect the choice of thickness. It is generally required that the film thickness of the shrink film sleeve label is 30 to 70 centimeters, of which the 50 micron and 50/l m films are more commonly used. This nine pairs of films have a certain degree of shrinkage, and the transverse (T) shrinkage is higher than the longitudinal (HD) shrinkage. The transverse contraction rate of commonly used materials is 50 curses to 52% and 60 curses to 62 curses, and 90 curses can be achieved in exceptional circumstances. Longitudinal contraction rate requires 6 cages - 8 curses. When making labels for shrink film sleeves, choose a material with a small longitudinal shrinkage.
Related Industry Knowledge
- The difference between the three shrink films
- Use of shrink film
- Explain the classification of shrink film
- Discussion on the characteristics of heat shrin...
- Reasons for the popularity of pof shrink film
- Pof shrink film production process
- Hot shrink film commonly used processing materials
- Describe the heat shrink film inspection standards
- Three major reasons for pof shrink film prices
- BOPP heat seal film performance and application...
- SHRINK TENSION AND SHRINK RATE?
- PACKAGING SAFETY CONVENTION
- Barrier Shrink Bags Market: Food Application Se...
- HOW IS MEAT PACKED IN A PLANT?
- Type of Meat Packaging
- Case Ready Meat Packaging – Embrace the new Era
- Emergence of Case-Ready Meat Products
- Cheese Packaging – how to choose the right chee...
- Still having leakers for your bone-in products?...
- PACKAGING OF FRESH AND PROCESSED MEAT